I’m halfway through my two week AT, so I thought I’d provide some quick highlights so far:
– No AC since leaving my apartment last Saturday morning
– A semi truck hit my truck while driving through Richmond and bent my mudflap support bar (thankfully that was the only damage)
– Stopping on I95 three times to re-secure loads and/or to fix my truck and trailer
– Finding one tick attached to me and having to fill out a medical report on in (Lyme Disease is really bad this year)
– Having a 12 hour guard shift from 8pm to 8am, and it ended up being 50 degrees last night
(PS – if you haven’t guessed already, I’m a truck driver in the military)
It’s be loads of fun so far staying in the field (sarcasm intended). Only one more week and I’m back in my own bed with my own shower.